Need additional time with a borrowed item? Hawaii's library patrons now have a fast, convenient, easy new option - renew materials online.
Books and most library materials may be renewed online, in person, or over the phone for an additional three weeks if there are no reserves on the items. Only one renewal per item is allowed.
Items that are not eligible for renewal are Hot Picks, DVDs, videotapes, and overdue materials. Renewals will not be allowed if the item has been requested by someone else.
Here are step-by-step instructions:
Online Renewal -
1. Visit www.librarieshawaii.org and click on "My Account"
2. Enter your library card number and PIN
3. Access your "Items Out" list
4. Select item to renew; click on box on left side; click on the "Renew" box
5. A new due date appears or a prompt explains why item could not be renewed
6. Write new due date on book's due date slip as a reminder
In-person Renewal -
1. Visit any Hawaii State Public Library during open hours
2. Bring your library card or appropriate card items are checked out under
3. Bring all items to renew with you
Telephone Renewal -
During open hours:
1. Call Hawaii State Library Telephone Renewal Unit: 586-3652 on Oahu; 1-800-820-7368 from Neighbor Islands or
2. Call any Hawaii State Public Library
3. Have your library card and items to renew ready