Friends of the Library of Hawaiʻi is hiring for the following position(s).
Please review the job description(s) by scrolling down or clicking on the job link. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and contact information to the following email –
Apply by email ONLY: admin @ FLHhawaii. org (no spaces)
Friends of the Library of Hawai‘i
Reports to Executive Director
Classification Part-time, Non-exempt
About Friends of the Library of Hawai‘i
Friends of the Library of Hawai‘i is a non-profit 501c3 organization whose mission is to support and promote Hawai‘i’s 51 public libraries.
Hiring and Oversight: Warehouse staff is hired and supervised by the Executive Director and accomplishes tasks as assigned by the Office Manager. The employee shall be willing to take initiative and work independently.
General Responsibilities: This position involves all warehouse and delivery functions pertaining to the FLH operations at the Iwilei Warehouse, Bookstores, and Kaimuki Library.
1. Receipt of Donations
- Responsible for driving the company van for pick-up of donations; for receipt and storage of donations; and for maintaining the donations database.
2. Volunteer Assistance
- Assist volunteers with lifting boxes
3. Warehouse Maintenance
- Responsible for trash disposal and recycling program
- Enforce FLH warehouse rules
- Complete the Weekly Warehouse Duties
4. Inventory of Merchandise
- Maintain inventory control at storage facilities (Iwilei and Kaimuki)
- Responsible for entering box count into merchandise database.
Assist in maintaining all bookstores and retail through the transfer and maintenance of inventory product.
- Transfer inventory for the physical Bookstore(s).
5. Maintain delivery van and equipment (subject to ED approval)
6. Assist with additional duties as required.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
- Forklift Certification/License requested but not required
- Completed COVID-19 Vaccination (Two dose of Moderna, Pfizer, or J&J)
Skills and Qualifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Violation-free driving abstract for one year
- Ability to work well with people as a team; coordinate with staff, donors, and volunteers; resolve problems and conflicts
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple assignments with a high degree
of accuracy and completeness
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills, detail oriented
- Self motivated with ability to motivate others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong customer service orientation
- Results-oriented, strives for excellence in all projects
- Knowledge of the community in order to best represent the organization
- Knowledge, understanding, and skill in implementing and managing efficient
- High energy level, self-confident, and enthusiastic