We have identified a 13,000+ SF facility suitable for our operations. We need your help to reach our goal! Help us continue to support public library programs and continue to provide affordable books to our community!
What do we do?
- More than 75 volunteers give their time year-round to process 750,000+ donations and store 150+ pallets of books & media for our sales in our warehouse.
- Our sales raise 50% of our revenues for Hawai‘iʻs 51 public libraries.
- The 8,000 SF warehouse that we currently rent is bursting at the seams!
- Industrial warehouse space in Honolulu is quickly disappearing and the time is now to secure a location for a stable future.
Support our Capital Campaign
- FLH History – Founded in 1879
- Historical Photos
- 50 Reasons Real Books are Vastly Superior to Ebooks
- Millennials May Prefer Reading Paper Books Over E-Books
- Parents and Toddlers Interact More When Reading Paper Books Versus E-books.
- The Surprising Comeback of Vinyl Records
- Paper Books vs eBooks: The State of the Art of Reading
- Why Digital Reading is No Substitute for Print
- Seven Reasons Why Ebook Sales are Falling – and Print Book Sales are Rising Again – Inc.
- Ebook sales continue to fall as younger generations drive appetite for print