The Board of the Friends of the Library of Hawai‘i, a non-profit, 501 (c)(3) organization whose mission is to raise funds to support and promote Hawai‘i's 50 public libraries, is seeking an energetic, talented Executive Director. The Executive Director will lead and direct the staff and volunteers in implementing programs – such as the Annual Booksale and the Links to Literacy golf tournament – initiate and foster relationships with potential and current donors, and help generate new ideas for fundraising. In addition, the Executive Director will oversee finances, work with the Board of Directors, and be the public face of the organization championing libraries and their renewed importance in the 21st century. Salary and benefits negotiable.
Please email a brief letter of interest and résumé with professional references to: FLHEDsearch@gmail.com
- A bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working a paid leadership position in a non-profit organization, including fundraising, recruiting, hiring, and training all paid staff and volunteers.
- Excellent writing, communication skills, and ability to work well with people, organize, schedule, and coordinate staff, volunteers, and activities; resolve problems and conflicts.
- Experience in organization and running fundraising events.
- Knowledge, understanding, and skill in business accounting and financial practices to ensure the long-term financial viability of the organization.
- Ability to develop, impement, and manage a budget.
- Strong ablity to set and realize goals, motivate others, establish and maintain a strong sense of shared mission.
- Skilled in public speaking and producing quality presentations.
- Familiarity with writing, editing, and reviewing grants.
- Knowledge of the community to best represent the organization.
- Competency in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and bookkeeping software.
- Self-confidence, enthusiasm, self-motivation with an ability to work independently, establish priorities, manage time effectively.
Posted: June 3, 2014