June 22-30, 2013
Friends of the Library of Hawai'i awards scholarships annually to Hawai'i residents seeking a Master's Degree in Library Science at the University of Hawai'i. The scholarships provide financial assistance to students who are currently enrolled in the Graduate School of Library and Information Studies, University of Hawai'i, or who have been accepted for enrollment in the fall or spring semester.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must complete and submit a Scholarship Policy Statement, FLH Scholarship Application, and all required materials (see below) by May 17, 2013. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these documents. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader you can download the PDF reader.
1. Friends of the Library of Hawai‘i FLH Scholarship Application. This form must be submitted both electronically and mailed with a signature. Please remember to print the completed application before clicking "Continue." You may then mail the print-out to FLH.
2. Personal letter describing applicant’s objectives and clearly establishing reasons for pursuing a library career. This should include any information the applicant feels would be helpful to the Committee in considering scholarship assistance.
(Must be attached to application form.)
3. Signed Scholarship Policy Statement.
4. Two letters of recommendation from persons other than family members who know the applicant well and can comment on the applicant’s character, ability, and potential for success in librarianship. Please have the letters sent directly to FLH.
5. Official transcripts of undergraduate work and any graduate work completed should be mailed directly to FLH.
All mail should be directed to:
Attn: Scholarship Committee
Friends of the Library of Hawai‘i
690 Pohukaina Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Once your complete application has been submitted, you will be contacted for the interview process beginning in late May/early June.
For more information, Contact Us or call (808) 536-4174.